Red Pheasant Post Secondary
P.O. Box 7
Cando, Saskatchewan S0K 0V0
Telephone: (306) 937-7012 Fax: (306) 937-7032
Congratulation for reaching a point in your life and in your learning where you are considering a long-term certificate or degree program beyond grade twelve. This is a major step for you personally and for First Nations people. We look forward to working with you so that your hopes and dreams may become reality.
Bellow is some general policy information the is important for you to keep in mind while you are completing your application. If you have any questions or need assistance please do not hesitate to contact our office.
The purpose of the Post Secondary Program is to enable First Nation students to pursue a higher education. However, the funding is capped, so not everyone who applies is eligible to be funded. Acceptance of support funding requires a major commitment on the part of the student to work hard to complete the program successfully.
To be eligible a student must:
- Be a registered member of Red Pheasant First Nation
- have completed Grade 12, equivalent GED 12 or ABE 12
- have been accepted into a program which is 8 months in length and requires a grade 12 level
- be enrolled in a technical institute or university which offers the program
Applicants must submit the following documentation:
- copy of status card (Front and Back of a valid card)
- accepted letter from the institute
- dependant verification (COPY of Revenue Canada – Child Tax Benefit Form)
- Final Registration (when approved for funding)
- class tracking sheet (when approved for funding)
- most recent official transcripts
- grade 12, GED 12, or ABE 12 documentation
- Program Information (Course Length costs, class requirements.)
Fall(September Enrollment) April 30th
Winter(January Enrolment) October 31st
Intercession / Summer School (Continuing students only) March 31st